You may have heard the term “Safe Guarding is everybody’s business”, this course provides training on the fundamentals of safeguarding children, specifically looking at the role of a foster carer in this process. This is a practical course using role play providing you with a safe space to build upon your existing knowledge and equip you with the knowledge and skills of what to do when a crisis arises or when a child makes a disclosure.
• How to identify signs of abuse
• How to respond to any concerns that you have about a child
• How to record your concerns
• The importance of reporting concerns and how to report any concerns
• Remaining supportive to the child throughout
• Awareness of the impact that this process may have on you as a carer.